Thursday, July 10, 2008

Well...improvement, I suppose...

I guess I shouldn't expect to change over night, but yesterday was a bit of a disappointment regardless. I keep reminding myself that this is going to be a long, difficult process but that it will be so worth the effort to get to where I want to be: feeding my body what it was designed to be fed. The old Bill Murray movie, "What About Bob?", comes to mind. Baby steps will most definitely be necessary at times, so I have to be ok with that.

Yesterday for breakfast, I ate nothing at all. This wasn't necessarily by choice, but more necessity. I have been so busy finishing up my degree that I haven't made it to the store lately, so breakfast was either a bagel or nothing...I did toss back a liter of water. By lunchtime, I was ravenous! I'm a big boy, 5'9 and 245 lbs, so I do love my food. For lunch, I ran to the market and picked up some produce: two tomatoes, a cucumber, a small avocado and a mango. I came back to work and noshed on the above mentioned produce and it was incredibly yummy. I'm sure this wouldn't classify as a great lunch, but it worked with the resources available. Dinner was the disappointment of the day: I had two pieces of cheese pizza with jalepeno peppers :( Both raw foods and veganism are both way new to me. I guess you would say I have been practicing pollotarianism since February of this year, so I've eaten some poultry in that time, but not other meat. I've really not eaten dairy during that time, save maybe an instance or two(including last night). I was upset with myself after dinner, but know that it's all a process and I'm not perfect.

Today started of a bit better with a smoothie made of ice and some frozen mixed berries (that is ALL I had available). We'll see what lunch brings and then I'll be in class during dinner. Today, on a brighter note, is my fourth wedding anniversary!!! I will be taking my wife out for dinner, but just not tonight because of class. I'm hoping to be able to find a nice compromise in the avenue of eating establishments. Next week is making me very nervous. My family is driving to New Mexico for a week of relaxation and vacation. I am very nervous about my diet during that time as we will be in the middle of nowhere with limited resources for a whole week!! Hopefully I can make it through and be ok!

Baby-steps, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes time an to move to this type of lifestyle. I know it's taken me some time and I still have a few things I have't given up but I'm signed up for the 100 day raw food challenge and I know its going to be a great Experience. Just remember there is a whole raw community out there that is loving and supportive.

Danieal

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! :-) And go buy a case of bananas tomorrow! lol