Friday, August 8, 2008

It's here!!!!!!

Well, yesterday evening my new toy was dropped off at my front door by the UPS man. I had been using a GE blender, that I got as a wedding gift four yearsago, to make my twice/thrice daily green smoothies. In the past week it really started get HOT, too hot to touch even, just when making a kale/spinach/peach/blueberry/banana smoothie. I had been very careful to fully prep the food, use enough liquid, add the ingredients one at a time and keep the vortex going; however, it was still getting extremely hot. My wife gave me the go-ahead to order a new blender and I was torn between the Vitamix/Vita-Prep and the Blendtec. After much deliberation, I opted for the Blendtec even though it was obvious that both companies make a great super-blender. I went online to order the Blendtec Total, but found out that they just changed to the Blendtec Home blender. The only difference I can find is the touch-pad is updated to have 25 presets instead of the previous 9. I paid the same price that everyone was selling for; however, I also recieved an extra 64 oz carafe for "free".

Thursday night is my grocery night so I quickly unpacked the blender to make sure all was present and then ran to the store to pick up my produce. I got home, put up the produce, washed the carafe and prepped for my first green smoothie in my new super-blender. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning! I opted for kale/spinach/mixed field greens/peach/ginger/banana/flax seed and got everything ready to go. I put all the ingredients in, put the top on and chose "XL Smoothie" from the preset menu...it absolutely pulverized that smoothie into submission. It did in 45 seconds what my blender needed nearly 3 minutes to do. I am hoping it is reliable and continues to make beautiful green smoothies for me for some time!

**On a suprise note** My wife emailed me the other day at work and said "I'm going to start getting up with you in the mornings so you can show me how to make green smoothies. I think I will just add a little greens with lots of fruit until I can get used to the idea. I think I really want to start having green smoothies for breakfast and lunch, but I'll probably still have a "normal" dinner. I am just really impressed with the change I've already seen happen in you in such a short time!" WOW!!! My jaw hit the floor. I am so excited! I have pushed NOTHING on her but just tried to live by example. I am so excited!!!!

3 comments:

jennifer said...

CONGRATS on the new toy... you're going to love it! (try frozen bananas whipped up with a bit of cinnamon... better than ice cream. you'll love it!!!) i am following your blog with interest... glad your journey to raw is going so great, so far. i try to remember every day that we are truly blessed to even have this lifestyle in our consciousness, and to have the resources (money, information, access to quality food) to pursue it.

-jennifer (maui_butterfly on rawfoodsupport.com)

Kristen's Raw said...

I love my BlendTec :) I have both the Vitamix and BlendTec and I very much like my BlendTec more! Great choice :)

Congrats on RAW!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Kristen's Raw

Sarah said...

That is sooooo cool that your wife wants to eat more fruit with you. Baby steps, baby steps. :D